The Phase 3 Project addressed each of the remaining structural and cultural gaps that create opportunities for child abuse in an institutional setting. It was completed on 30 September 2017 and included:
- an extensive suite of guidance documents and resources designed to support day-to-day youth safe practice across both Defence and ADF Cadets;
- a range of role specific e-learning training packages and
- an assurance mechanism that will enable both the Vice Chief of the Defence Force (VCDF) and the wider public to have confidence in Defence youth safety practices.
The four complementary streams of Phase 3 activity comprise of:
- Youth Safety Culture
- Youth Safety Training
- Youth Safety Governance
- Youth Safety Assurance
Fact sheets are available for key areas of the Defence Youth Safety Framework. This page will be continuously updated throughout the development of the framework. Key elements include:
- ADFC Status Assessment Factsheet
- Youth Safety Assurance Factsheet
- Defence Youth Safety Framework Training PMKeys Numbers
- Youth Safety Training Factsheet
Phase 4 will consolidate the key elements from the four work streams of the Phase 3 project and will focus on the following three areas:
- A current state evaluation of the Defence Youth Safety Framework, incorporating the findings from Case Study 40 and the ‘Ten Key Elements for Creating a Child Safe Organisation’ identified by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- The development of a Youth Safety Risk Management Framework that provides enterprise-level oversight of and clear accountabilities for managing youth safety risks which aligns with the Commonwealth Child Safety Framework; and.
- The development of a Youth Safety Sustainment Strategy roadmap that identifies key activities and considerations required to embed youth safety practice into Defence and ADF Cadets.
For further information on Phase 4 please refer to Sustaining Youth Safety in Defence.
Youth Safety - Training Packages
Please Note: The Defence Youth Safety Level 6 training avaliable from the CadetNet e-learning module.
Youth Safety - Videos
VCDF Cadets Youth Safety Forum Message
duration 08:56 26 Jul 2017
The Defence Youth Safety Level 6 training has been released on CadetNet e-learning. The training includes two distinct packages designed to provide the minimum level of training to ensure young people are aware of their rights, responsibilities and behavioral expectations under the Defence Youth Safety Framework. There is one package for under 18s and one for 18-25 year olds.
Youth Safety Level - 6 Young Adult (18-25 yrs)
duration 01:37 Jul 2017
Youth Safety Level - 6 Youth (under 18)
duration 01:25 26 Jul 2017